Table of Contents
- 1 Why is my PowerShell script so slow?
- 2 How do I make a PowerShell script run faster?
- 3 How do I make a script run automatically?
- 4 How do I automatically run a script in Windows?
- 5 How do I run a logon script?
- 6 Where is the Startup folder in win 10?
- 7 How do I open the startup menu?
- 8 How do I control startup programs?
- 9 How do I open the Start menu without a Windows key?
- 10 Where is the All Programs button in Windows 10?
- 11 How do I get my mouse to double-click when I single click?
- 12 Why is my mouse opening with one click?
- 13 How do I make my mouse click softer?
- 14 Can you silence a mouse click?
Why is my PowerShell script so slow?
It is the nature of PowerShell that it is going to be slow. It’s a scripting language running on . PowerShell has objects and classes and modules and a lot of overhead. It is slower because it does more.
How do I make a PowerShell script run faster?
- Read every line of the file at once and store it in the $Dict variable.
- Loop the same number of times as there are lines.
- In each iteration of the loop: Get the single line that matches the loop iteration (essentially through another iteration, rather than indexing, more on that later).
Why does PowerShell take so long to start?
When PowerShell starts to become slow at startup, an update of the . NET framework might be the cause. To speed up again, use ngen.exe on PowerShell’s assemblies. It generate native images for an assembly and its dependencies and install them in the Native Images Cache.
How do I make a PowerShell script run automatically?
Automating common tasks using the Windows Scheduler
- Open the Task Scheduler MMCsnap-in.
- Select Create Task.
- Enter a Task Name like Windows PowerShell automated script.
- Select Run Whether User Is Logged On Or Not and chose to store the password.
How do I make a script run automatically?
Configure Task in Windows Task Scheduler
- Click on Start Windows, search for Task Scheduler, and open it.
- Click Create Basic Task at the right window.
- Choose your trigger time.
- Pick the exact time for our previous selection.
- Start a program.
- Insert your program script where you saved your bat file earlier.
- Click Finish.
How do I automatically run a script in Windows?
On Windows, the simplest way of running a program at startup is to place an executable file in the Startup folder. All the programs that are in this folder will be executed automatically when the computer opens. You can open this folder more easily by pressing WINDOWS KEY + R and then copying this text shell:startup .
How do I write a Windows batch script?
To create a basic batch file on Windows 10, use these steps:
- Open Start.
- Search for Notepad and click the top result to open the text editor.
- Type the following lines in the text file to create a batch file: @ECHO OFF ECHO Congratulations!
- Click the File menu.
- Select the Save as option.
How do I auto start a batch file on startup?
To run a batch file at start up: start >> all programs >> right-click startup >> open >> right click batch file >> create shortcut >> drag shortcut to startup folder. There are a few ways to run a batch file on start up.
How do I run a logon script?
- Right-click My Computer and click Manage.
- Navigate to the \System Tools\Local Users and Groups\Users folder.
- Select a user and click Properties.
- Click Profiles.
- In the Logon script box, type the file name of the user’s logon script.
Where is the Startup folder in win 10?
Accessing The Windows 10 Startup Folder
- The All Users Startup Folder is located at the following path: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp.
- The Current User Startup Folder is located here: C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup.
How do I open the Startup folder?
To open the “Startup” folder the easy way, just hit Windows+R to open the “Run” box, type “shell:startup,” and then press Enter. This will open a File Explorer window right to the “Startup” folder.
How do I make a program run on startup Windows 10?
Change which apps run automatically at startup in Windows 10
- Select the Start button, then select Settings > Apps > Startup. Make sure any app you want to run at startup is turned On.
- If you don’t see the Startup option in Settings, right-click the Start button, select Task Manager, then select the Startup tab.
To open the Start menu—which contains all your apps, settings, and files—do either of the following:
- On the left end of the taskbar, select the Start icon.
- Press the Windows logo key on your keyboard.
How do I control startup programs?
In Windows 8 and 10, the Task Manager has a Startup tab to manage which applications run on startup. On most Windows computers, you can access the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc, then clicking the Startup tab. Select any program in the list and click the Disable button if you don’t want it to run on startup.
How do I open the dual boot menu in Windows 10?
On a Windows 10 PC with a UEFI BIOS, changing the boot order is a little bit different:
- While signed in on your PC, use the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
- Click Update & security.
- Click Recovery.
- Under Advanced startup, click Restart now.
- Click Troubleshoot.
- Click Advanced options.
Which key can you press to open the Start menu?
For starters, you can open the Start menu by hitting the Windows key or by pressing Ctrl+Esc. You can close the Start menu by pressing Windows or Esc.
If your keyboard does not have a Windows key, you can access the Start menu, but not other shortcuts, by pressing Ctrl-Esc .
See all your apps in Windows 10
- To see a list of your apps, select Start and scroll through the alphabetical list.
- To choose whether your Start menu settings show all your apps or only the most used ones, select Start > Settings > Personalization > Start and adjust each setting you want to change.
Which option is used to quickly open any program with a single click?
Custom Shortcut Key First, locate the application in your start menu or on your desktop, right-click its shortcut, and select Properties. Click the Shortcut key box and type your desired keyboard shortcut. Press the keyboard shortcut you define here to launch the application from anywhere in Windows.
How do I open a folder in single click?
How to Open Files/Folders With a Single Click
- Open File Explorer and navigate to File > Change folder and search options.
- In the new window, click on the tab labeled General.
- Locate the section called Click items as follows.
- Mark the checkbox next to Single-click to open an item.
How do I get my mouse to double-click when I single click?
We suggest to follow the steps below:
- Type Specify single- or double-click to open in the search box, then press Enter.
- Look for Click item as follows, then select the radio button that says Single-click to open an item (point to select).
- Click Apply, then OK.
Why is my mouse opening with one click?
If a Single Click Is Double-Clicking A common reason for a double-clicking mouse is a simple setting in Windows. If you have Single-click to open an item (point to select) chosen, you only need to click a folder once to open it. Just mousing over a folder or other file is enough to select it.
How do I fix my G502 double click?
I think I just fixed this double click issue on my G502 Hero!…In a nutshell, I solved it by going into:
- Windows Settings;
- File Explorer Options;
- General tab;
- Select “Single-click to open an item”;
- Select “Double-click to open an item”;
How do I fix my mouse click?
- Step 1: Remove Batteries.
- Step 2: Access Screws.
- Step 3: Remove Screws.
- Step 4: Open Her Up.
- Step 5: Locate the Click Mechanism That Is Causing the Problem (usually Left Click)
- Step 6: Open the Mechanism Box.
- Step 7: Locate, Remove, and Retension the Spring.
- Step 8: Reinstall Tension Spring.
How do I make my mouse click softer?
For a temporary solution you can simply put a scarf or any other kind of fabric over the mouse or only over the button you want to silence. Then just use it as normal, with the fabric between your fingers and the mouse.
Can you silence a mouse click?
The repetitive, clicking sound of a mouse can become pretty irritating. If you want to silence your mouse for your own peace —and the peace of others around you—a little memory foam can do the trick with no soldering required.
Is there a silent mouse?
SOUNDS DIFFERENT. Silent Mice provide over 90% noise reduction on the click sound*. And Logitech Silent Mice are the only mice in the world to be awarded the Quiet Mark Certification – but we won’t keep quiet about that.
Can you make your mouse click silent?
Trim or adjust the memory foam if you are having trouble. Plug in your mouse before putting it back together and test your click button for silence and functionality. Use the knife point to gently press on the white button. This should now register as a silent click!