Table of Contents
- 1 What is WebDriver and why WebDriver is used?
- 2 What is HtmlUnit driver?
- 3 How do you use Draganddropby in selenium?
- 4 How does selenium handle right click?
- 5 How does selenium connect to database?
- 6 How does selenium handle failed test cases?
- 7 What are the reports in selenium?
- 8 How do you run cucumbers in TestNG?
- 9 How does cucumber manage multiple data?
- 10 How do you handle a data table in cucumber?
What is WebDriver and why WebDriver is used?
Definition of ‘Selenium Web Driver’ Description: Selenium WebDriver tool is used to automate web application testing to verify that it works as expected. It supports many browsers such as Firefox, Chrome, IE, and Safari. By using different jar files, we can also test API, Database Test etc. using Selenium WebDriver.
Can we use jQuery in selenium?
What is HtmlUnit driver?
HtmlUnitDriver is headless driver providing non-GUI implementation of Selenium WebDriver. It is based on HtmlUnit, fastest and light-weight browser implemented in Java.
How does selenium handle sortable?
Click on Draggable + Sortable option. An un ordered list appears. List items can be dragged and we can re-arrange the order of this list.
How do you use Draganddropby in selenium?
For drag and drop element we use dragAndDrop method of Actions class and passes the parameters as the first element(Sourcelocator) “From” and the second element(Destinationlocator) “To”. Below line will drag the 1st element and drop it on the 2nd element. act. dragAndDrop(From, To).
How do I use mouseover in selenium?
In order to perform a ‘mouse hover’ action, we need to chain all of the actions that we want to achieve in one go. So move to the element that which has sub elements and click on the child item. It should the same way what we do normally to click on a sub menu item.
How does selenium handle right click?
Right click action in Selenium web driver can be done using Actions class. Right Click operation is also called Context Click in Selenium. Pre-defined method context click provided by Actions class is used to perform right click operation. Below is the code to demonstrate right click operation using Actions class.
What is build () perform () in selenium?
Build(). perform() is used to compile and execute the actions class. Use the different methods under the actions class to perform various operations like click(), drag and drop and so on.
How does selenium connect to database?
To use Selenium Webdriver for Database Verification you need to use the JDBC (“Java Database Connectivity”)….In the next screen,
- Select Local Instance of MySQL.
- Enter Port Number.
- Enter Username.
- Enter Password.
- Click OK.
How does selenium handle attachment?
Uploading files in WebDriver is done by simply using the sendKeys() method on the file-select input field to enter the path to the file to be uploaded….Using WebDriver and Wget
- Import the “java.
- Use getAttribute() to obtain the “href” value of the download link and save it as a String variable.
How does selenium handle failed test cases?
Please follow the below steps for this method:
- Create testng. xml file under project folder.
- Right click on the testng. xml >> Run As >> TestNG suite.
- In the test-output folder >> testng-failed. xml file will be created.
- Right click on testng-failed.
- In this way we can execute fail testcases in TestNG class.
How do I start selenium from scratch?
Steps to Create a Test Automation Framework From Scratch
- Step #1 – Create new maven project. Open IntelliJ IDE and select New Project from the menu.
- Step #2 – Give your project a name.
- Step #3 – Choose the location of your project.
- Step #4 – Base project is created.
- Step #5 – Create different modules.
What are the reports in selenium?
9 Of The Best Reporting Tools For Selenium
- TestNG Reporting Tool. This popular unit testing framework is inspired by JUnit and NUnit.
- ReportNG. ReportNG is a simple HTML reporting plugin that is developed for the TestNG framework.
- HTML Publisher + Jenkins.
- PyTest HTML.
- JUnit Plugin + Jenkins.
- Extent Reports.
How does selenium generate reports in cucumber?
Let’s automate an example of a pretty format.
- Step 1 − Create a Maven project named cucumberReport in Eclipse.
- Step 2 − Create a package named CucumberReport under src/test/java.
- Step 3 − Create a feature file named cucumberReport.feature.
- Feature − Cucumber Report.
- Scenario: Login functionality exists.
How do you run cucumbers in TestNG?
Cucumber can be executed in parallel using TestNG and Maven test execution plugins by setting the dataprovider parallel option to true. In TestNG the scenarios and rows in a scenario outline are executed in multiple threads. One can use either Maven Surefire or Failsafe plugin for executing the runners.
How do you generate a report?
Create a report
- Click Reports in the left-navigation.
- On the Reports tab, configure the following options: Type – Select the type of report to generate. Date Range – Select an automatic time span, or set specific start and end dates.
- Click Generate Report.
How does cucumber manage multiple data?
When we have multiple test data to pass in a single step of a feature file, one way is to pass multiple parameters and another way is to use Data Tables. Data Tables is a data structure provided by cucumber. It helps you to get data from feature files to Step Definitions.
How does cucumber manage test data?
Data Driven Testing using JSON with Cucumber
- Decide what data needs to pass through JSON files.
- Create JSON Data set.
- Write a Java POJO class to represent JSON data.
- Pass JSON data file location to Properties file and Write a method to read the same.
- Create a JSON Data Reader class.
- Modify FileReaderManager to accommodate JSON Data Reader.
How do you handle a data table in cucumber?
Step 3 − Create a Feature file. Create a feature file, named as dataTable. feature inside the package dataTable (see section scenario outline for more detailed steps). Write the following text….
- Select runTest. java file from the package explorer.
- Right-click and select the option, Run as.
- Select JUnit test.
How do you pass dynamic data in cucumber feature file?
So you cannot pass dynamic values from the feature file. If you want to perform the above scenario with the listed values (10, 20, 30 and 40), you can add each of them as an example. If you want the values to be dynamic / random, you can implement this in your step definition.