Table of Contents
- 1 How do you capture screenshot in selenium can we capture screenshot only when a test fails?
- 2 Can we capture screenshot only when a test fails?
- 3 How do I add a screenshot to Jenkins?
- 4 How do I get hidden text elements?
- 5 How many types of exceptions are there in selenium?
- 6 How does selenium handle no alert present exception?
- 7 How do you handle exceptions selenium?
- 8 How does selenium handle no such session exception?
- 9 How does selenium handle alert pop up?
- 10 How do you check if there is an alert exists in selenium?
- 11 How do I know if a protractor is present or not?
- 12 How do you handle exceptions in Robot Framework?
- 13 Why should I use robot framework?
- 14 What is use of robot framework in selenium?
- 15 How do you pass the Chromedriver path in Robot Framework?
How do you capture screenshot in selenium can we capture screenshot only when a test fails?
Screenshot for test failure
- Create a class. Implement TestNG ‘ITestListener’.
- Call the method ‘onTestFailure’.
- Add the code to take a screenshot with this method.
- Get the Test method name and take a screenshot with the test name. Then place it in the desired destination folder.
Can we capture screenshot only when a test fails?
If a test step fails in the try block then it goes to the catch block and capture a screenshot of the web page. If we use TestNG AfterMethod annotation then this particular method (AfterMethod) executes after every test execution. Below mentioned script shows how to capture a screenshot using ITestResult Interface.
How do I add a screenshot to Jenkins?
Here are the steps:
- Go to the Jenkins plan where the tests are being run.
- Click on Configure and navigate to “Post-build actions”
- Select “Archive the artifacts”
- Here we have 2 options – save either the . png files or all files under the “artifacts” folder, so the screenshots will be displayed inside the folder.
How do I save multiple screenshots in selenium?
2 Answers. There are multiple ways to do this. Create one separate class file as ScreenCapture and inside this class file create two methods. One method is for when your particular testcase is run successfully and another method is for when your testcase is failed during execution of your test scripts.
How does selenium handle dropdown?
Selenium WebDriver- Handling drop-downs
- selectByIndex – It is used to select an option based on its index, beginning with 0. dropdown.selectByIndex(5);
- selectByValue – It is used to select an option based on its ‘value’ attribute.
- selectByVisibleText – It is used to select an option based on the text over the option.
In some cases, one may find it useful to get the hidden text, which can be retrieved from element’s textContent , innerText or innerHTML attribute, by calling element. attribute(‘attributeName’) . element. getAttribute(“textContent”) worked for me.
How many types of exceptions are there in selenium?
How does selenium handle no alert present exception?
NoAlertPresentException WebDriver Exception
- Open Firefox Browser and open http://www.omayo.blogspot.com as shown below:
- Right click on the ‘ClickToGetAlert’ button on the web page and select ‘Inspect in Firepath’ option as shown below:
- Copy the XPath locator suggested by Firepath as shown below:
What are different types of exceptions?
Below is the list of important built-in exceptions in Java.
- ArithmeticException. It is thrown when an exceptional condition has occurred in an arithmetic operation.
What exception do you get in selenium?
Common Exceptions in Selenium Web driver
|NoSuchElementException||This Exception occurs if an element could not be found.|
|NoSuchFrameException||This Exception occurs if the frame target to be switched to does not exist.|
|NoAlertPresentException||This Exception occurs when you switch to no presented alert.|
How do you handle exceptions selenium?
Methods of Handling Exceptions
- Try: try block is used to enclose the code that might throw an exception.
- Catch: catch block is used to handle the Exception.
- Finally: finally block is a block that is used to execute important code such as closing connection, stream etc.
How does selenium handle no such session exception?
This error can happen due to a lot of diverse reasons and the solution to address this error are as follows:
- Initiate the Chrome session configuring ChromeDriver with the argument –disable-impl-side-painting.
- You may also have to add the argument –no-sandbox.
How does selenium handle alert pop up?
How to handle Alert in Selenium WebDriver
- void dismiss() // To click on the ‘Cancel’ button of the alert. driver.
- void accept() // To click on the ‘OK’ button of the alert. driver.
- String getText() // To capture the alert message. driver.
- void sendKeys(String stringToSend) // To send some data to alert box.
Can we take screenshot of alert in selenium?
Taking Screenshot of Browser Window using Selenium WebDriver Selenium has the TakesScreenshot interface to capture the screenshots during execution of your Selenium script. The TakesScreenshot interface has a method named getScreenshotAs( ) which can capture a screenshot and store it in any location specified by us.
Can selenium handle window based pop up?
Selenium can handle Windows based pop up. There may be scenarios where a web page opens more than one window after performing some actions on it. The child windows that get opened may be a pop up containing some information or advertisement.
How do you check if there is an alert exists in selenium?
How do I know if a protractor is present or not?
accept() Alert in protractor :
- Click on Alert button; the application throws an Alert box.
- Switch to the alert using driver.switchTo().alert(), we save this object in Alert type variable ‘ale’
How do you handle exceptions in Robot Framework?
Within this Teardown keyword it is possible to recognize if a Test Case has Passed or Failed through the automatic variables of Robot Framework itself or the Run Keyword If family of keywords. This would allow you to create a separate section for the Catch, and finally.
Is robot framework better than selenium?
There is a huge difference between both of them – Robot is a test framework that makes use of test libraries (standard & external) to execute tests, whereas Selenium is only a WebDriver/library that requires the support of test automation runners in order to perform test execution.
Which IDE is best for robot framework?
As others suggested IDE are,
- Eclipse+RED plugin. Pros: a) It is very easy to navigate all files in the project inside the workspace.
- RIDE – It is fine to run the scripts single OR multiple. It is lit difficult to write the RPA code.
- Pycharm+RF plugin.
- Visual Studio Code with RFI FORK/RFLS.
Why should I use robot framework?
Robot Framework is so versatile that it allows you to perform command-line, web and GUI testing. Other interfaces can be tested using self-developed libraries. For command-line testing, we can use Operating System and SSH Library.
What is use of robot framework in selenium?
Robot Framework provides good support for external libraries, tools that are open source and can be used for automation. The most popular library used with Robot Framework is Selenium Library used for web development & UI testing.
How do you pass the Chromedriver path in Robot Framework?
Start by downloading the chrome driver. Put it somewhere that your test can access (for example a bin folder relative to your tests). Now you need to set the environment variable to point the chrome driver. You can do it from outside the test (for example, as a global setting for your desktop), or from your test setup.
How do you write test cases in Robot Framework?
How to write good test cases using Robot Framework
- Naming. Test suite names. Test case names. Keyword names.
- Documentation. Test suite documentation. Test case documentation. User keyword documentation.
- Test suite structure.
- Test case structure. Workflow tests. Data-driven tests.
- User keywords.
- Variables. Variable naming. Passing and returning values.
- Avoid sleeping.
How do you handle dynamic elements in robot framework?
When trying to handle dynamic IDs, and elements which dont have easy UIDs about them, the best way to go around this is using Xpath. You said that you have a drop down. Here is a potenital “look-a-like” you would see. The Xpath here is basically saying, find the 2nd drop down you find, anywhere on the entire HTML page.