Table of Contents
- 1 How do I delete every second line in notepad?
- 2 How do I remove characters from notepad?
- 3 How do I remove the first word from Notepad ++?
- 4 How do I remove the last character in notepad?
- 5 How do I remove unwanted space in Notepad ++?
- 6 How do I remove extra spaces between words in SQL?
- 7 How do I replace a tab with spaces?
- 8 Why spaces are better than tabs?
- 9 Should I use spaces or tabs?
- 10 Who uses spaces over tabs?
- 11 What is the difference between tabs and spaces?
- 12 Why is a tab 8 spaces?
- 13 What is default tab spacing?
- 14 Why should you not use more than one tab character between items?
- 15 Is tab a character?
How do I delete every second line in notepad?
You can try to use a Macro.
- Start recording Macro.
- Press down n-times.
- Press Shift+End.
- Press delete two times.
- Stop recording Macro.
- Run Macro until end of file.
How do I remove the first two digits in Notepad ++?
Alternatively, use rectangular multi-line selection (press Alt while selecting) to select these first 27 characters in every line, then press Delete or Backspace .
How do I remove characters from notepad?
- Type ctrl-H to open the search-and-replace dialog.
- Make sure that “Regular expression” is checked.
- Put this in the “Find what” box: ^[^>]*>
- Make sure that “Replace with” box is empty.
- Click on “Replace All”
How do I remove the first line in Notepad ++?
- Select radio button “Regular Expression”
- Select checkbox “. matches newline”
How do I remove the first word from Notepad ++?
Make sure you have the multi-line anchor option set correctly. Another way of doing this is using the Text FX function to delete the first word of Notepad++.
How do I change the first character in notepad?
Remove Path from the File name in a text file
- Bring up the Replace dialog ( Ctrl + H ) and use the following replace method:
- In the Find box, type ^.*\\
- Set the Search mode to Regular expression.
- Leave the Replace box blank.
- Uncheck matches newline.
- Click Replace All.
How do I remove the last character in notepad?
Notepad++ How to remove last character (:) on every line
- copy to Excel and use left function to exclude the last character.. then copy back to notepad… – Huy Pham Feb 8 ’14 at 1:31.
- I’ve done something similar with notepad++ before. But just use the find and replace.
How do I replace in notepad?
Replacing text within Notepad
- Open the text file in Notepad.
- Click Edit on the menu bar, then select Replace in the Edit menu.
- Once in the Search and Replace window, enter the text you want to find and the text you want to use as a replacement.
How do I remove unwanted space in Notepad ++?
- Go to Search -> Replace.
- Select “Regular expression” under Search mode.
- Use ^\s* for “Find what” and leave “Replace with” blank.
- Click Replace all.
How do you remove spaces from text files?
Use rstrip() to remove trailing whitespace in the file
- f = open(“script.txt”)
- for line in f:
- line = line. rstrip()
- if line:
- print(line, end = ”)
How do I remove extra spaces between words in SQL?
SQL Server TRIM() Function The TRIM() function removes the space character OR other specified characters from the start or end of a string. By default, the TRIM() function removes leading and trailing spaces from a string. Note: Also look at the LTRIM() and RTRIM() functions.
How do I delete multiple spaces in Notepad ++?
- Ctrl + H to open the Search and Replace window.
- Select “Regular expression.”
- Use (\d)\s+(\d+)\s+ for “Find what” and $1:$2\r\n for “Replace with.”
- Click Replace all.
How do I replace a tab with spaces?
The easy way:
- Highlight a single tab area.
- Bring up find/replace.
- Paste into the find field.
- Click into the replace field and hit the space bar.
- Then replace all.
How many spaces is a tab?
Why spaces are better than tabs?
Explanation on accepted answer: If a couple of people work on same file it is highly possible to generate unnecessary conflicts. Using spaces instead of tabs makes it possible to easily catch such an accidental space on eyeball and this is probably a reason, why using them become a standard.
How many spaces is a tab in python3?
Should I use spaces or tabs?
Spaces should be used where tabs are completely useless. Even for aligning parameters and comments, tabs still work better.
Why are tabs bad in code?
Tabs can’t be confused with spaces in extended lines of code. Especially when word warp is enabled, there could be a space in a wrapped series of words. This could obviously confuse the readers. It would slow down paired programming.
Who uses spaces over tabs?
Spaces make more money than tabs There were 28,657 survey respondents who provided an answer to tabs versus spaces and who considered themselves a professional developer (as opposed to a student or former programmer). Within this group, 40.7% use tabs and 41.8% use spaces (with 17.5% using both).
Why do python tabs have spaces?
Spaces are the preferred indentation method. Tabs should be used solely to remain consistent with code that is already indented with tabs. Python 3 disallows mixing the use of tabs and spaces for indentation.
What is the difference between tabs and spaces?
A space is a space. A tab is a single character that will, when it’s displayed, get expanded to something between 2 and 8 spaces on the screen. If you use all spaces, your code looks the same to everyone. If you use all tabs, then everyone can adjust what a tab looks like in their editor to suit their preferences.
Why does pep8 prefer spaces?
It allows you to indent without pushing space millions of times or using a fake tab (that produces spaces). I really don’t get why everybody is discriminating the use of tabs.
Why is a tab 8 spaces?
Tabs are 8 characters, and thus indentations are also 8 characters. There are heretic movements that try to make indentations 4 (or even 2!) characters deep, and that is akin to trying to define the value of PI to be 3. At this point, code with a 2 space indent is indistinguishable from flush left.
Why is my Tab key making a huge space?
The bottom marker (small box) controls the left indent. To adjust these indents, you can click-and-drag each marker to the right or left. If a large indent is created when pressing the Tab and adjusting the indent on the Ruler doesn’t work, adjust the Left Tab Stop in the Ruler.
What is default tab spacing?
By default, Word has left tab stops set at every half-inch, but you can create your own tab stops in a specific position or change the location of the existing tab stops.
What is a soft tab?
Soft tabs are just spaces. If you set your editor to use “soft tabs,” when you press the Tab key on your keyboard your editor will insert spaces instead of the tab character.
Why should you not use more than one tab character between items?
Reasons not to use hard tabs Thus, hard tabs may break source code readability and editability if there is more than a single person editing the file. They will open the file in an editor with different tab settings, edit it and next time you open the file it is ruined and all indentations are wrong.
Do tabs create smaller file sizes?
Using tabs saves close to 18% of the file size over spaces. When using GZipping, the saving from using tabs over spaces is just 1.5%. It’s still a saving and it counts.
Is tab a character?
Tab characters. The most known and common tab is a horizontal tabulation (HT) or character tabulation, which in ASCII has the decimal character code of 9, and may be referred to as Ctrl + I or ^I. In C and many other programming languages the escape code \t can be used to put this character into a string constant.
How do you type a tab character?
Tip For Typing Tab
- Try holding down the Alt key and typing 0 0 9 (or just 9) on the numeric keypad with Num Lock on. (
- Try Ctrl+Alt+Tab. (
- Try Ctrl-I. (
- Try Ctrl-Q followed by Tab or Ctrl-I. (
- Copy the edit field into Notepad (or some other editor that does tabs), edit it there, and then copy it back.