Table of Contents
- 1 How do I count errors in Google Sheets?
- 2 How do I count unique entries in Google Sheets?
- 3 How do you count unique distinct values from a date?
- 4 How do I count unique days in Excel?
- 5 How do you create a dropdown list in Excel?
- 6 How do I create a custom list in Excel?
- 7 How do I show the Developer tab in Excel 2019?
- 8 How do you create a checklist?
- 9 How do you lock cells in Excel without protecting sheet?
- 10 How do you lock formulas in Excel without protecting sheet?
- 11 How do I protect formulas in an Excel spreadsheet?
- 12 How do you hide all formulas in Excel?
How do I count errors in Google Sheets?
=count((countif(k:k,k1)>1)) will return the circular dependency error if it’s included on any cell on the K column, on any other column it should work fine.
How do I count unique entries in Google Sheets?
At times when working with google sheets, we come across data requiring us to count the number of unique occurrences of the dataset. The best way to easily achieve this is by using Google sheets syntax formula COUNTUNIQUE( Value1,[value2,….]). This will give the total number of unique values is a certain set of data.
Is there a count distinct function in Excel?
You can use the combination of the SUM and COUNTIF functions to count unique values in Excel. The syntax for this combined formula is = SUM(IF(1/COUNTIF(data, data)=1,1,0)). This is an array formula, so you have to assign it using Ctrl + Shift + Enter.
How do I count distinct values in Excel with multiple criteria?
The trick is to “feed” the entire range to UNIQUE so that it finds the unique combinations of values in multiple columns. After that, you simply enclose the formula in the ROWS function to calculate the number of rows.
How do you count unique distinct values from a date?
To count unique values within a date range, you can apply a formula. Tip: in the above formula, B2:B8 is the date cells in your data range, E1 is the start date, E2 is the end date, A2:A8 is the id cells you want to count unique values from. You can change these criteria as you need.
How do I count unique days in Excel?
How do I count the number of unique dates in Excel?
- You must first convert all dates listed to an integer with the formula =int(A1) (replace A1 with correct cell, then copy down column)
- Then use this formula to count the number of unique values: =SUMPRODUCT(1/COUNTIF(A10:A30,A10:A30))
- Replace the “A10:A30” with the correct range in your report.
How do I list unique dates in Excel?
Count unique dates in a column with formula Select a blank cell, for instance, B2, and type this formula =SUMPRODUCT(1/COUNTIF(A2:A22,A2:A22)) in to it, and press Enter, you can get the counting result. In above formula, A2:A22 is the range you want to count unique dates from, you can change it as you need.
How do I create a unique list in Excel?
Method #3: Advanced Filter
- Click the Advanced Filter button on the Data tab of the Ribbon.
- Select the “Copy to another location” radio button.
- Select the “List range”. The range/column that contains the duplicate values.
- Select the “Copy to” range.
- Click the “Unique records only” checkbox.
- Click the OK button.
How do you create a dropdown list in Excel?
Create a drop-down list
- Select the cells that you want to contain the lists.
- On the ribbon, click DATA > Data Validation.
- In the dialog, set Allow to List.
- Click in Source, type the text or numbers (separated by commas, for a comma-delimited list) that you want in your drop-down list, and click OK.
How do I create a custom list in Excel?
Create a custom list
- For Excel 2010 and later, click File > Options > Advanced > General > Edit Custom Lists.
- For Excel 2007, click the Microsoft Office Button.
- In the Custom Lists box, click NEW LIST, and then type the entries in the List entries box, beginning with the first entry.
- When the list is complete, click Add.
How do I create a list within a cell in Excel?
Select a blank cell that you want to create a bulleted list, and hold Alt key, press 0149 in the number tab, and then a bullet is inserted.
How do you create a check box in Excel?
Here are the steps to insert a checkbox in Excel:
- Go to Developer Tab –> Controls –> Insert –> Form Controls –> Check Box.
- Click anywhere in the worksheet, and it will insert a checkbox (as shown below).
- Now to need to link the checkbox to a cell in Excel.
How do I show the Developer tab in Excel 2019?
Show the Developer tab
- On the File tab, go to Options > Customize Ribbon.
- Under Customize the Ribbon and under Main Tabs, select the Developer check box.
How do you create a checklist?
How to create your checklist
- Step 1: Do a “brain dump”
- Step 2: Organize and prioritize tasks.
- Step 3: Put them on your to-do list.
- Step 4: Check off each item as you complete it.
- Step 5: Continue adding items as they come up.
How do you color code a drop down list in Excel?
Method B Color coded drop down list with a handy tool-Colored Drop-down List
- Select the drop-down list cells, then click Kutools > Drop-down List > Colored Drop-down List.
- In the Colored Drop-down list dialog, do below settings. 1) Check the scale you want to add color to in the Apply to section.
- Click Ok.
How do you lock a cell in Excel?
Lock cells to protect them
- Select the cells you want to lock.
- On the Home tab, in the Alignment group, click the small arrow to open the Format Cells popup window.
- On the Protection tab, select the Locked check box, and then click OK to close the popup.
How do you lock cells in Excel without protecting sheet?
1. Right click the sheet tab, and select View Code from the right-clicking menu. Note: In the code, Column 1, Row = 3 and Row = 5 indicate cell A3 and A5 in current worksheet will be locked after running the code. You can change them as you need.
How do you lock formulas in Excel without protecting sheet?
To hide Excel formulas, perform the following steps.
- Select a cell or range of cells containing the formulas you want to hide.
- Open the Format Cells dialog by doing any of the following:
- In the Format Cells dialog box, switch to the Protection tab, and select the Hidden checkbox.
- Click the OK button.
How do I enable only data entry in Excel?
Please do as follows.
- Select the cells you need to protect their formatting but only allow data entry, then press Ctrl + 1 keys simultaneously to open the Format Cells dialog box.
- In the Format Cells dialog box, uncheck the Locked box under the Protection tab, and then click the OK button.
How do you lock formulas in sheets?
Protect a sheet or range
- Open a spreadsheet in Google Sheets.
- Click Data. Protected sheets and ranges.
- Click Add a sheet or range or click an existing protection to edit it.
- To protect a range, click Range.
- Click Set permissions or Change permissions.
- Choose how you want to limit editing:
- Click Save or Done.
How do I protect formulas in an Excel spreadsheet?
Here are the steps to Lock Cells with Formulas:
- With the cells with formulas selected, press Control + 1 (hold the Control key and then press 1).
- In the format cells dialog box, select the Protection tab.
- Check the ‘Locked’ option.
- Click ok.
How do you hide all formulas in Excel?
Hide the Formulas
- Select the cells for which you to want to hide the formulas.
- Right-click the cell (or cells) and choose Format Cells.
- In the Format Cells dialog box, click the Protection tab.
- Check the Hidden box. Note: Hidden is what prevents the user from seeing the formula.
- Click OK.
How do you unlock an Excel spreadsheet for editing?
On the Home tab, click the Format Cell Font popup launcher. You can also press Ctrl+Shift+F or Ctrl+1. In the Format Cells popup, in the Protection tab, uncheck the Locked box and then click OK. This unlocks all the cells on the worksheet when you protect the worksheet.
What are the dollar signs in Excel formulas?
The dollar sign in an Excel cell reference affects just one thing – it instructs Excel how to treat the reference when the formula is moved or copied to other cells. In a nutshell, using the $ sign before the row and column coordinates makes an absolute cell reference that won’t change.