Table of Contents
- 1 How do I add a partial view in view?
- 2 Can partial view have layout?
- 3 How do you pass an object to a partial view?
- 4 How do you pass multiple models to partial view?
- 5 Can I use 2 models with a single view?
- 6 Can we bind multiple models to view?
- 7 How do you declare two models in Cshtml?
- 8 Which of the methods are used to render partial view?
- 9 How do I get ViewModel to view?
- 10 Why do we use AutoMapper?
- 11 How do I use AutoMapper in Web API?
How do I add a partial view in view?
To create a partial view, right-click on view -> shared folder and select Add -> View option. In this way we can add a partial view. It is not mandatory to create a partial view in a shared folder but a partial view is mostly used as a reusable component, it is a good practice to put it in the “shared” folder.
Can partial view have layout?
Partial views shouldn’t be used to maintain common layout elements. Common layout elements should be specified in _Layout. cshtml files. Don’t use a partial view where complex rendering logic or code execution is required to render the markup.
How do you pass an object to a partial view?
Below are few of the methods which you can pass data to Partial View.
- Pass data from enclosing View to Partial View.
- Pass data to Partial View using ViewBag / ViewData.
- Pass data to Partial View using TempData.
- Pass data to Partial View using strongly typed model.
Can a partial view have its own controller?
If you really want a partial to be rendered using its own controller/action then consider loading it via AJAX with a separate request. In MVC, although controllers know about views, the reverse is not true.
How do you call a partial view in controller action?
Follow the below steps to use Partial View using different ways.
- Create a MVC application. Open your Visual Studio and create a new web application. Use an empty MVC template.
- Add Partial View. In this step, you will add a Partial View with name address.
- Html. RenderPartial.
- Html. Partial.
- Html. RenderAction.
- Html. Action.
How do you pass multiple models to partial view?
Here I will explain ways one by one.
- Using Dynamic Model. ExpandoObject (the System.
- Using View Model. ViewModel is nothing but a single class that may have multiple models.
- Using ViewData. ViewData is used to transfer data from the controller to the view.
- Using ViewBag.
- Using Tuple.
- Using Render Action Method.
Can I use 2 models with a single view?
You can use multiple models in a single view by creating a common model for all the models that are to be used in a single view. To achieve this, refer to the following steps. First, create a new model (common for all models) and refer all other models that are to be used in the same view.
Can we bind multiple models to view?
Introduction. In MVC, we cannot use multiple model tag on a view. But many times, we need to pass multiple models from controller to view or we want to show data from multiple model on a view.
Can we add two models in a view?
ViewModel is a pattern that can be used to have multiple models as a single class. It contains properties of entities exactly need to be used in a view. We have three models (classes) named as Employee, Course and Department. All are different models but we need to use all three models in a view.
How do you declare a view model?
Right-click in the Store Index action method and select Add View as before, select Genre as the Model class, and press the Add button.
How do you declare two models in Cshtml?
Multiple Models In One View Using ASP.NET MVC And Entity Framework
- Create a table named Users.
- Step 2 – Add Entity Data Model.
- I need a ViewModel for getting the data as a single entity.
- Then, I have added one controller action method named “LoginRegister” to the HomeController.
- Add a View named “LoginRegister.
Which of the methods are used to render partial view?
Rendering a Partial View You can render the partial view in the parent view using the HTML helper methods: @html. Partial() , @html. RenderPartial() , and @html. RenderAction() .
How do I get ViewModel to view?
The recommended way to pass the ViewModel to the View is to make use of the View method. The View method takes the model as one of the argument, which internally sets it to the ViewData. Model Property.
How can I convert one model to another in MVC?
- You could use conversion operators. Explicit or Implicit.
- Tip: instead of userModel.UserId != null ? userModel.UserId : 0 , you can use userModel.GetValueOrDefault() , which returns a 0 , false or null as required, when the real value is missing. –
What is AutoMapper in C#?
AutoMapper is used to map data from object to objects. In a real project the entity layers always deal with the communication from services or Data Layer.To show the data in the application we need separate class as ViewModel or Model class . UI Layers may or may not be synced with the entities.
Why do we use AutoMapper?
Use AutoMapper to eliminate the need to write tedious boilerplate code when mapping objects in your application. AutoMapper is a popular object-to-object mapping library that can be used to map objects belonging to dissimilar types.
How do I use AutoMapper in Web API?
- Create the Models.
- Create the Repositories.
- Add StructureMap. WebApi2 NuGet package.
- Remove unnecessary StructureMap files.
- Add the DI Container to the WebAPI configuration.
- Register the Repositories with StructureMap.
- Add AutoMapper and Profiles.
- Inject IMapper into Repositories.